Monday, July 18, 2011

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.



Is this a compliment or a test of my knowledge?  I'm confused.

Sent:
7/17/2011 3:19:52 PM (EST) printer friendly 
Subject:
Message:It's really surprising that you are still single since you are so pulchritudinous. 


Why thank you....  And yet another person mentioning the fact that I'm still single. Thanks for pointing that out, I hadn't been aware the past 33 years. I've heard the word 'pulchritudinous' twice before in my life...  Once in the first email from this person and then I remembered, once in a funny old Saturday Night Live sketch with Woody Harrelson where he was singing a song called "Pretty Lady" and using various different synonyms for the word pretty to describe a lovely lady he adored.  The fact that I received 2 emails from this person using that same word makes me think I'm getting a copy and paste form sent to all the other girls. A good effort, really, and I do realize this was meant to be a compliment, but even other men I showed this to were confused by it.  I wonder if pulchritudinous has dazzled any other women?  I suppose I'll never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment