Saturday, July 23, 2011

Candidly Arrogant


He has good intentions perhaps, but a little much for a first email don't you think?

" So here's my new strategy on this site. It's not the greatest forum for actually getting a real view of what people are like, and everyone always dances around the important issues, hoping they can avoid enough of them until they're face to face. I'm not into that. So here's me, unvarnished. And here's why I think you wouldn't regret letting me take you out, and seeing where things went:

I'm a 37 year old divorced father of 4. That part has to come out first.

I'm a lawyer, practicing in partnership with my dad in [this city]. We have a great practice, doing mostly family and criminal law, that allows me to work, basically, as little or as much as I want. I make (yeah, I know, this is a little tacky, but let's face it, it's important) a base salary of 120k, but I usually average, after all is said and done, between 150 and 210k per year. Nothing incredible, but very comfortable, especially in [this city].

I live in a very large (6k sq. feet, 7 bedroom) retro (60's) house in a quiet university area.

I am in, candidly, excellent shape for a 37 year old guy. I run, play basketball, and lift, and it shows. Again, that probably sounds, maybe, a little cocky, but hey, it's important.

I have 4 kids, ages 14 (boy), 10 (girl), 7 (boy), and 3 (girl). they are awesome. They are obedient, good kids. they have adjusted well to my divorce, and I think they would be a joy to anyone I was with.

I have an ex-wife with whom I get along well who lives less than a mile away. We share custody of the kids on a week to week basis. I did nothing to cause the divorce, which is personal, but also something people usually want to know. She made choices that forced her out.

Overall, I think I'm a heck of a catch. I hope that comes off as confidence. I'm writing you this massive message because, candidly, you are about the most attractive person I found on this site, which is important, although not the most important thing to me, and because there's really no point in goofing around on here with flirts, etc. I know what I want, and I think most others do to.

Hope to hear back from you
"

2 comments:

  1. Well he's either arrogant or confident. Hard to tell over text alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's nothing wrong with being confident. It's very attractive when a man has confidence. But if you are, you should also know how to be humble. There are ways of showing confidence without bragging. I really don't think salary needs to be discussed before you ever meet someone in person. Unless of course you are a gold digger looking for a rich man. Or a rich man, looking for a gold digger. :)

    ReplyDelete